At Family Law Matters, our mission is to “Protect Our Clients and Their Loved Ones Using Christian Principles”. We need an Associate Attorney with at least 2-3 years of family law background with a passion for handling family law, matrimonial and custody matters; an individual who can hit the ground running to give our clients outstanding representation. You need to have compassion, the ability to build relationships with your clients and know your way around a courtroom.
Our firm exclusively practices family law (divorce, visitation, child custody, domestic violence, paternity etc.). We are looking for candidates who can:
- Demonstrate experience in taking ownership of a client’s case – discovery; pleadings; motions; collaboration and mediation; pre-trial hearings; motion hearings and trials.
- Conduct client meetings and recommend strategies.
- Delegate work to paralegals and legal assistants and monitor their work.
- An Attorney who can contribute to developing the strategy of a case and who knows where to find the rules of procedure to back up that case strategy.
- An attorney who can find his/her way around the courtroom and how to project confidence and competence when dealing with people on behalf of our clients.
- Can view a case file as an opportunity to help someone build a new life.
- Skills and experience are important and valued, but your personality, character, and integrity are also extremely important considerations.
If the following describes you, YOU may be the candidate we are looking for:
- Sound Judgment
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience as a Family Law Attorney.
- Graduate of law school.
- Admitted to the State Bar of California.
- No suspensions or disciplinary action on record with any State Bar.
- Strong experience with case management software; legal pleading preparation software; general office computer systems and software: Westlaw; Office 365-Outlook, Word, and Excel. Knowledge of Zoho software a plus.
- Salary is commensurate with skills and experience and is negotiable.
- Benefit package includes:
- Paid time off,
- Healthcare benefits,
- 401(k) with company matching,
- Paid Continuing Legal Education,
- Paid California Bar dues; and,
- Working with a team of A players in a positive environment!
How to Apply:
If this full-time position is of interest to you, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reviewing your qualifications!